And the saga continues. http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080127/LOCAL/801270395
One woman was killed and another was critically injured after a car driven by a suspected drunken driver struck their car just hours after he was released from custody on a probation-violation arrest from an earlier drunken driving conviction, police said Saturday.
About 10:30 p.m. Friday, officers were dispatched to the 3400 block of North Keystone Avenue, where they found that John Mason, 53, had been driving a 1995 Lincoln that struck the back of a Chevy Cavalier backing out of a driveway in that block, according to a police news release.
Teresa Webb, 52, Indianapolis, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, was killed, a Marion County coroner's report said.
The driver of the Cavalier, Carolyn Fox, 62, Indianapolis, was critically injured, police said.
Mason was found guilty in 2007 of driving a motor vehicle while intoxicated and was placed on probation. On Dec. 31, a warrant was issued for his arrest on allegations of violating the terms of his probation.
During a hearing on that violation Friday, a court ruled that he had violated his probation and must serve a 30-day sentence. But, according to computerized court records, the court ordered him to begin serving the sentence Feb. 1.
The cause number for the case is 49F19-070-CM-054365.
1/27/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment